Dr. David W. Judy
- Board Certified Dermatologist
- Board Certified in Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Fellowship Trained in Micrographic Surgery & Dermatologic Oncology
Dr. Judy is one of the few fellowship trained skin cancer and reconstructive surgeons (Mohs Micrographic Surgery) in the state of West Virginia. Mohs Surgery is an innovative technique that offers individuals with skin cancer the best outcome with the least amount of tissue loss.
Dr. Judy obtained a degree in biology from West Virginia University and then graduated from the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine. He continued with an internship from Richmond Heights Hospital in Ohio.
Following his internship he completed a Dermatology Research fellowship in wound care at Duke University Medical Center. Dr. Judy graduated from his dermatology residency program from Largo Medical Center in 2011. In order to become more specialized he completed a Procedural Dermatology Fellowship in Micrographic Surgery & Dermatologic Oncology at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. In Dr. Judy’s free time he enjoys spending time with his wife and children.
- B.S. Biology-West Virginia University
- D.O. West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Internship-Richmond Heights Hospital, Ohio
- Dermatology Research Fellowship-Duke University Medical Center
- Dermatology Residency-Largo Medical Center
- Micrographic Surgery & Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship University of Massachusetts Medical School
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatological Surgery
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- American College of Mohs Surgery
T.J. Douglas, PA-C
T.J. is a native West Virginian that grew up in the Charleston area. After graduation he attended Elon University where he played basketball at the collegiate level and obtained a degree in Exercise Science. Mr. Douglas wanted to further his education so he applied and was accepted to the University of Charleston where he obtained degrees in both Medical Science and a Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies.
Mr. Douglas became an asset to our medical staff in August of 2014. He is a board certified Physician Assistant, a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and the Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants.
When Mr. Douglas isn’t working he enjoys spending time with his son, hanging with family and friends, traveling, outdoor activities and coaching basketball.
- B.S. Exercise Science-Elon University
- M.S. Medical Science-University of Charleston
- M.S. Physician Assistant-University of Charleston
Katie Carpenter, PA-C
Katie is a native of West Virginia and grew up in Oak Hill, WV. After graduating from Oak Hill High School, she attended West Virginia University and obtained a dual major of Marketing and Management with a Minor in Communications. She started a career in pharmaceutical sales and realized that she had a passion for medicine and returned to school to become a Physician Assistant.
She obtained a Bachelors Degree in Medical Science and a Masters of Science in Physician Assistant Studies from the University of Charleston. She started her career in pediatrics but, had a passion for dermatology and realized she could have the best of both worlds.
Katie is a board-certified Physician Assistant, a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, the West Virginia Association of Physician Assistants, the Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants, and the National Psoriasis Foundation. When Katie is not working she loves spending time with her boys and husband. She is very active in foster care, and enjoys any activity outside especially hiking and whitewater rafting.
- B.S. Marketing and Management-West Virginia University
- Minor in Communication Studies
- B.S. Medical Science-University of Charleston
- M.S. Physician Assistant-University of Charleston
Lauren Shaffer, PA-C
Lauren grew up in the Appalachian foothills of eastern Pennsylvania before coming home to West Virginia in 2009. She attended West Virginia University, where she studied nutrition and social and behavioral sciences. After working in public health for several years in Morgantown, she completed her physician assistant education and training at the University of Charleston. She started her physician assistant career in allergy before focusing on dermatology. Lauren aims to provide the best possible dermatological care for her patients using a patient-centered and compassionate approach.
Lauren now resides in Charleston with her husband and son. In her free time, she loves spending time with her loved ones and enjoying the wild and wonderful West Virginia outdoors.
- BS - Human Nutrition and Foods - West Virginia University
- MPH - Social and Behavioral Sciences - West Virginia University
- MPAS -Physician Assistant - University of Charleston
What People Say About Us!
Everyone was very welcoming. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Check in was quick. Waiting time was very minimal. Once in the examine room my concerns were addressed and the procedure was quick and painless. From start to finish of my appointment I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you!
Click here to read more reviews.